Certification in STEP
Certification in Scientific Therapeutic Exercise Progressions (STEP)
The STEP certification is a process of combining 6 STEP courses, culminating in a weekend of review and examination. This certification goes beyond the courses, including online videos and reading to further the knowledge base of participants in exercise dosage, design and progression. Rehabilitative exercise is not the same thing as training health athletes, performing Pilates or Yoga. Become a movement expert with a thorough knowledge of rehabilitative exercise, with a foundation in the Norwegian Medical Exercise Therapy curriculum. Utilize knowledge from histology, biomechanics, neurophysiology, traumatology and work physiology to design and dose unique programs for the individual patient. Learn how to use exercise to mobilize joints, repair injuries tissue, resolve muscle guarding, improve endurance through angiogenesis, train for strength, train for function and sport.
Course Cities and Dates
• Complete all 6 STEP seminars, taken in any order: STEP 1: Shoulder and Elbow, STEP 2: Ankle and Knee, STEP 3: Hip and Pelvis, STEP 4: Lumbar Spine, STEP 5: Cervical and Thoracic Spine, STEP 6 : Upper Cervical Spine, TMJ and Ocular Systems.
• Complete a home study test after each seminar associated with the seminar, additional videos and required reading from the STEP course book series (lulu.com).
• Complete an online quizzes associated with each course and associated online reading/videos. Students that enroll in the certification after completing 1 or more step courses are still required to go back and complete the online reading and quiz portion of the program.
• Submission of a unique exercise from concepts of each seminar unit (completed as a video with demonstration and explanation)
• Complete a written final project (protocol, literature review or case study) prior to sitting for the examination.
• STEP 7: Written and practical examination weekend
• Upon successful completion of all areas and demonstration of competency and safety, the Physical Therapist will be issued a Certification in Rehabilitative Exercise and will be able to use the “C-STEP” letters after their name indicating the earned specialization.
Enrolled certification students can complete their coursework by registering for courses offered anywhere in the US and Europe through the OGI website. The certification program is often hosted by a clinic or business, sponsoring all 6 courses and the examination weekend. If you company would like to host the certification, please have your company complete the host a course form and email to email@example.com.
• Open to PTs, PTAs, OTs and ATCs
Complete an Enrollment Agreement, scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org